OpenArena FR

Communauté Francophone d'OpenArena

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

Les inscriptions sur le forum sont closes pour éviter le spam.

Mais le salon IRC de #tuxfamily dispose d'un très bon programme TV et on vous recommande d'y passer !

#1 20/06/2011 11:53:03

snape
Passionné(e) d'ArèneOuverte

ROFL CTF All Rockets

Hi,

the ROFL CTF Rockets only server is offline very often. any reason why only that server in the ROFL server lists goes offline. It is one of the very buys servers but any specific reason.

#2 20/06/2011 20:45:28

Cacatoes
Lieu : Lille
Site Web

Re : ROFL CTF All Rockets

Hi,

This is due to some votes being called which make crash the server. There are some known bugs with bots enabled which cause this.

I recently modified my server script so that the server restarts itself automatically, so it may help with the problem.

I'll try to keep an eye on it and find some solution. wink

Thanks for your interest.

Move your ass.

#3 07/01/2012 00:11:05

UnusedName

Hi Cacatoes,
in last time, there are many fakes on this server.
Today evening "ROLFZaDLeader" with purple "ROLF" and same guy as "ROLFSutAdmin" was acting like a crazy server admin. - Meaning, he threated bans and command players to do this and that...

And some another thing:
Voting is buggy, dont know if you can do something by changing script. Maybe its from Oa's binaries. Sometimes the voting of another player is removed by your own voting.

Sometimes there are really hard lags again, pictures freezes for 2 secs, calculation goes on. Think more than one player is affected by this at the same time.

#4 09/01/2012 16:40:56

Cacatoes
Lieu : Lille
Site Web

Hi UnusedName,

I'm aware of these problems:

- the lag is likely due to a network attack which affects Quake 3 servers, and which will be fixed with next OA version, which is due to be released soon (it takes longer than expected). I didn't fix it since I lost the keys to connect to the server (it needs a shutdown so I get them back), so I was planning to fix all this at once.

- I wasn't aware of the "fakes", but I know there are annoying kids playing on the server. I should at least come on the server and have a talk with them. "Il faut que jeunesse se fasse" we say in french, that means something like "youth has to be experimented to be gone", and by that I really mean I hope these guys will turn reasonable, since they should recognize that if I don't ban them, this is because I agree to leave them play, and since OA is a game which is intended to be fun to play, they will hopefully learn to auto-regulate their acts instead of bringing the mess, I doubt they want this to last forever.

- The vote system is weird since OA 0.8.5, because its mechanism has been changed, and there are apparently a few issues with it, which have been reported on OA dev forum. Next OA version will apparently switch back to the old voting system by default (which means it will be harder to make votes pass.). The vote implementations could be reworked, but as I'm banned from OA.WS I won't be able to tell them and help much with that.

Note: I will also profit to change the map rotation to something hopefully less annoying.

A bit of patience, waiting for next OA release, and we'll see how things go from then wink

Thanks for your inputs.

Move your ass.

Pied de page des forums